Monday 19 July 2010

An amazing truth I too often forget...

The other day when I was upset and feeling really crap - I opened the Bible randomly (I know there are many who hate this type of "bible roulette" - but when you are desperate to hear from God you will try anything - and I did!)

I began to read aloud on the page I had opened... through tears I read these words -

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart

It was in Psalm 91 - verse 4 I think... It caught my attention and instead of reading on, I went back to the start of the verse and read it over and over again. It brought me so much comfort.

I didn't and still don't know what "rampart" means... but God is so good that He even uses verses we don't fully understand to speak to us and give us comfort and faith that things will work out for the best when we are in God's hands...

Into google I now type "define:rampart"
- an embankment built around a space for defensive purposes; "they stormed the ramparts of the city"

So I guess what this verses says is God will protect us and in Him we can find solace, his love and faithfulness will be my protection and defense... pretty amazing, huh?

What makes it more special is that a good friend of mine lent me Ryan Griffith's album and I've been listening a lot to Refuge...

At the minute, in my life, God is my refuge....

No comments: