Sunday 1 February 2009

::STOP::LOOK::LISTEN::

STOP…
Tonight I was challenged to ‘stop’ and think. How amazingly, wonderfully, mind-blowingly God wants to be in a relationship with me. Lord of All; who made the universe, placed the stars in the sky, told the sun to shine and it did, created humans with the most complex bodies we could ever imagine!! And he loves me, wants to hear all about my day… even though he already knows exactly what happened during it. When I stop and think of it like this is makes me feel so disappointed that I don’t appreciate God more and spend more time with him. We get desperate sometimes to meet celebrities, I would LOVE to meet Stacie Orrico, Blake Lively, Kate Nash and many other people! But in reality I should be sooo much more excited to meet with God, My Heavenly Father every day. He is always there for me and I NEVER want to take that for granted.

LOOK…
God doesn’t just want to walk with me through my life… he has mapped out my life. He knows all about it now and what will happen in the future.. WOW! He has given me all the amazing gifts that are in my life; a family who have loved me my whole life and would do anything for me, although they do not yet know God I pray and trust God that he will someday save them; friends who brighten up the days, bring fun and just generally reflect Jesus in their kind actions that mean so much to me; Ben – a boyfriend that I wouldn’t change for the world, he makes me laugh more than anyone else and he cares about me deeply… I believe he reflects God’s heart in many ways - the world needs more Bens!! Also a church family where I belong, great young people that allow me into their lives to share and listen with them, many older people in my life that I can look up too and be inspired by, a passion and gift for teaching that makes me feel so alive and fulfilled, a job that I moan enough about but really love… 5years of money, apple polishing, floor brushing and friendship building!! So so so much more when I really look at my life and be thankful for what I have 

LISTEN…
Prayer is class… I can talk to God whenever wherever I want, he will never turn me away or be ‘too busy’ to hear. It isn’t all about talking though, I’m being challenged about listening. Praying – communication with God; talking and listening, crying, laughing, smiling, being silent. The world would be a much better place if we all took time out of our lives to listen to the creator of the world, He is alone is the Wonderful Counsellor, Prince of Peace, All-Knowing, Source of all wisdom. And I don’t just want to be near to all that, I need all that!

All for now…….. I’m away to stop look and listen some more!!!!

No comments: